• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i875pbz... how does it OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hijiok

with a p4 2.8C? How does this mb work with the intel desktop bios overclock? Thanks.

Also im on a 480w ps and pc3200 mushkins (1 gig)

It doesn't overclock for crap. I have one and it's a great stable board but for clocking it's horrible. I would highly recommend the Abit Ai7 for the same price and it should allow you to clock to 3.4-3.6 with some good memory. Just finished a friends 2.0c up to 2.6 with no issues and that was with some cheapo pc3200 memory.

Intel just doesn't believe in overclocking it seems. They give you a basic burn-in mode in the BIOS which will allow up to a max of 4% OC but you have no control over it.

Jeff

Yup, he's exactly right. Intel does not believe in overclocking, as it detracts potential customers from buying the newest and fastest processors. (well, in theory anyway) By design, Intel motherboards simply cannot be overclocked at all, with exception to those few that have the little "burn in" speed increase like JeffP was mentioning.

Intel makes the best boards for stability, but they simply choose not to compete for overclocking.

I have overclocked to 4% using burn-in mode in the bios. (865 chipset) d/l Intel Desktop Control Center to manage the OC from the desktop without rebooting!
My results for 4% (max allowed)
3.0 GHz to 3.12 GHz (Northwood)
800 fsb to 832 fsb (system clock 208)
CPU temp is the same as stock at idle (41 degC)
Prime95 stable with max temp 59 degC full load on stock air cooling
It does not lock your AGP/PCI so it automatically overclocks to 69/35
I was able to get 6 additional MHz out of my video card core OC
Aquamark3 43704 (CPU stock) (9800 pro @378/328)
Aquamark3 45977 (CPU stock) (9800 pro @412/366)
Aquamark3 47300 (CPU +4%) (9800 pro @418/366)

Audigy 2 problems

when I try to increse the fsb speed with the burn-in mode my audigy 2 farts instead of making sounds.

Anyone know how can I fix this?

Thanx

If you can flash a video card with a different bios then why can't you flash a board such as this with the bios for an Abit board?

The Presi said:
when I try to increse the fsb speed with the burn-in mode my audigy 2 farts instead of making sounds.

Anyone know how can I fix this?

Thanx

Intel boards do not allow you to lock the AGP/PCI frequency. When you turn up the fsb to 208, the PCI freqency goes to 36 from 33. The sound card does not like the change and is refusing to operate properly. There is nothing you can do with that mobo except try a lower burn-in overclock.

Back