• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

..error when installing winxppro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

ok i got windows xp pro

i formated the hdd and put it all to a ntfs partion (or shold i take my 160 gig and use 3/4 to the os and 1/4 to a backup?.. i am useing partion magic 6 ..or something like that

on now onto the man error . its on boot on disk in the bios. it boots into the disk and it comes up with 3 things. install windows, repeair, quit.

i click enter to go to install and the error comes up saying i have no hdd

i have a sata harddrive and an a7n8x-e asus mobo with a xp3000+ cpu
whats wrong and how do i fix it?

you might need to hit f6 and load a SATA driver... did a floppy come with your drive with drivers on it? I know that with my raid setup i have to do that.

ooo.. well no floppy came with it.. it was oem

its a "barracuda 160gb" thats all i know.
...i use knoppix (linux life cd) and it worked ..so i think its the drivers ..is there a way i can download them?

ok what i need is a place i can download the drivers onto a floppy from.. i have not found a place yet.

anyone?

You must createa floppy with the SATA drivers for you SATA interface. If this is build into the motherboard you will need to go the the website and get it from there. I have also heard there are some instances where you will have to reformat the partition using XP install CD.

Z

guess that could work.. but i got it working my self.. there odda be a rule. if u dont know ask google.. if google dont know ..ask ocforums lol

what i did was i took a floppy and i took the mobo disk i put the mobo disk on my other computer and i found the drivers for the sata and i copyed them onto the floppy

and there you go i got it working

Well that is basicly what I told you to do. Eitherway you are a happy camper and thats the point :D

Z

Back