• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you guys think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonicdrive

hey who ever owns a dangerden rbx please let me know what you think of it is it cool or does it do the job but i want post for this block only trying to get the fan poll from it

i have one idle temps at 41 c full load at around 45 to about 50c depends on what i am doing. i have a 2.8E @ 3.5 250X15

setting it up gave me a bit of trouble. i could not seem to get a good cut and it would sort of leak. since there are 3 points that could leak make sure they dont. after i had mine together i bumpped the waterblock aginst my hand a few times to see if i would get any little drops.. to simulate the jars and jotls of moving the pc.

Over all i think the tri barb direct die cooling is neat and everyone that looks in says "WOW THATS REALLY NEAT LOOKING"

:]

Personally I like my RBX, I think it looks better than the other top blocks and performs as well. I like the 3 barb design since I also have myn NB and GPU in my loop it allows me to run the 2 outlets one to each of the other two blocks in my system and then to seperate inlets on my res which lowers the resistance on my 3 block setup.

Many say the NB block isnt needed but mine got very hot and since I run my setup at 100% load 24/7 and with a fsb of 290+ I believe it really helps stability.

Here is a shot of my block and a link to a 3dmark I ran to check stability at 304fsb.
http://webpages.charter.net/chew_toy/1/WB5.jpg

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7883371

First, the TDX is NOT a better block. It's easier to mount, and it has one less barb, those are the only advantages. The RBX performs slightly better.

A lot of people claim mounting issues with it and a socket a chip. After mounting my cascade block, I'll say it isn't the easiest block to mount. However, if you have patience and are careful you'll get a great mount your first try. I also found situating the Y-adapter and excess tubing from it a pain, but very doable.

Very nice block all-in-all :)

woot RBX rocks in bios my cpu runes 21c and in iidlee in windows runs 32c running a game n stuff its runs 33-34c

thanks to all that had posted info like this helps all in makeing high price choices LOL

I love my RBX. The only problem I have with it is the installation hardware Danger Den provides. You NEED to superglue (anchor) the nut to the bolt behind the motherboard. If you don't, it'll just keep slipping; it's very frustrating.

Etacovda said:
Get the TDX, its a better block.
Better as in it mounts easier? It's not better in performance; even DD quotes that they both perform the same, even though the RBX performed better according to procooling:

Attachments

• rbx.jpg
    rbx.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back