• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i seem to have lost my IDE! :eh?:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

after upgrading a pc at work with a new mobo, ram and a 2800+ i had a spare 1.6 ghz p3 with 128 ram on an intel D845WN board.

its all in along with a new WD HD. the HD is showing up in the bios but the cd drive wont, i plugged in a 2nd cd drive and once again it wont pick it up. when pressing F2 to enter set up it is taking AAAGGGEEESSSS. i took the battery out and then put back in but no joy...

When i go to boot devices there is no option for a cd drive... only a floppy yet its always had a cd in the past...

anyone know whats happening?

heh ^_^ i hope it isnt kaput, but i know i have had a problem where i forgot i put the jumper as secondary or slave and tried booting it as primary. check the jumpers on the cd drives, could be that simple. if you HAVE to you could always put a cd drive using your hdd ide cable. i have done that before :p

Back