• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DUAL CHANNEL PLATINUM LE (OCZ4001024ELDCPLE-K) worth it for novice overclocker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VortexDr

OCZ DUAL CHANNEL PLATINUM LE (OCZ4001024ELDCPLE-K) worth it for novice overclocker?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering do you guys think this ram would be worth it for a novice overclocker its BH-6 based so from what i gather its very ram.

I can get it for around 430 canadian which would be around 330 US.

Normal online prices ive seen are above 470-500 Canadian so its preaty cheap and i found it in a store so no shipping etc.

Now i am not sure if it would be even worth it for me though since i have never really done alot of overclocking but was planning to with my current CPU.

Specs:
P4C 800 Deluxe
P4 2.8c Ghz
450 antec PSU
got a 8 fan setup going thats keeping the CPU non overclocked at 27c idle.

Any oppionions on if i should go this way with the limited edition with the BH-6 sticks or am i better of saving say 100 bucks and gettign the non limited edition?

Would really appreciate the help kind of stuck and unsure on how to proceed.
Dont want to throw money out of the window if i dont really need to do so.

And say i do buy it could i keep it if i say ever upgrade to a AMD 64 or better?

ocz makes primo stuff. their tech support is the best there is period. i would get it and run 5/4 also think about a volt mod for ur board it is easy and will help those power hungry bh6's overclock faster...

Back