• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know what this error means?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

I had this problem once before and it happened every time i closed a program pretyy much. Last time i changed OS from XP back to 2000 pro and that fixed it. NOw when i close firefox its started again. This is the error
error.jpg

Anyone know what it means?

Cant say what it means specifically... I seriously doubt anyone can, but as you can read, its a problem with adressing the memory.

There can be a million reasons...

Sorry i cant help any more

Flix

Give this a try...

Start | Run | Type regsvr32 /u thumbvw.dll | OK | OK

Unregistering the thumbvw.dll will remove the thumbnail view from Explorer, but will hopefully fix your problem. You could also try this approach...instead of unregistering the above .dll, remove the data from the following Registry key:

HKEY CLASSES ROOT | .xml | ShellEx | {BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}

Last edited:
Wow I've been battling with this error for a long time.

regsvr32 /u thumbvw.dll displays Loadlibrary failed error message, specified module could not be found.

And

does not have a ShellEx value

Any other ideas?

In my case it's not with FireFox but with random applications.

I can replicate it when trying to install scanner drivers but it shows up randomly with other programs too.

Well I found this for a similar error, but before trying it, I think I'll wait for the Service Pack 2 due in the next 31 days (MS said August)

regsvr32 /u thumbvw.dll displays Loadlibrary failed error message, specified module could not be found.

And

does not have a ShellEx value
Since you're running XP, (and this is afaik) the "Loadlibrary failed, specified module could not be found" error message will occur because of the fact the following ShellEx Key doesn't exist (at least not in SP1...I can't verify that it does in XP w/o SP1 or SP2 beta 2162 or earlier)...

Unregistering the thumbvw.dll has to do with the W2K cumulative update for IE6...released around October of last year.

Last edited:
OK. I got your PM. Thanks.

I opted to wait:

Posted by football751
This is from osdatacenter.com:

According to sources close to Microsoft, late last friday builds stood at 2173 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040723-1834). Currently builds are likely to be at 2175. We're expecting the final RTM to sign off at 2180 to RTM in the first week of August. RTW (release to web) will follow RTM by around 10 days. So everyone should be able to get their hands on SP2 final in the second week of August.

This was posted July 28th. Sounds possible, b/c last I heard on this forum, internal build was at 2173. We just have to wait and see.

Back