• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oops, wrong sized pump fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drs499m

Registered
So I got my D4 Laing pump today, and noticed the fittings looked big :temper:. They are also 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD. My tubing is the same. My question is, will boiling the clearflex 60 allow it to fit over? Or will I need to use some other method? I would really like to avoid sending it back. Thanks for the help.

do the boiling thing because it will be consistant heat throughout the tubing and the water kindof makes it easier to slip the hose on.

The outer edge of the ring is indeed 3/4". The ID of the pump fittings are 1/2". I hope that answers your question. If need be I can get some batteries for my digital camera and take pics.

It works better (in my experience) to just push straight down onto the barb with the tubing until the tubing kind of bend outward, and eventually it should go over.

Worked for me, might work for you. I managed to put a peice of 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing over a 3/4"OD pump inlet. Works like a charm now.

thanks guys. My DD D4 just arrived (order from Voyeurmods and Dangerden sent me the pump). Told them I got 1/2" ID system and the sent me one with 3/4" OD barb. Used boiling water to push in my 1/2" ID Clearflex 60 tube and got it in but burned my fingers during the process since the tube was so damn hot still. Learned my lession today.

One question. Is there any performance diffence in having 1/2" OD or 3/4" OD of same pump?

Hehe, beware of iguanas and green PCB, but that's a whole different story. I'm glad that it worked for you and to see that im not the only one who didnt order the right thing ;).

Back