• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick mic mute?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

Hi,
I use a mic for ingame communication often, but i also listen to music. I find that the mic will pick up different things and gets very annoying, especially in between songs when im typing, the mic picks up the keystrokes, also, sometimes a hum is sent thru the sub which is horrid. its also a pain to turn it on and off with the taskbar.

How could I make a keyboard shortcut to mute the mic? Would there be a way to use the mute button on my keyboard to mute the mic instead of the master volume? (the keyboard does this via windows drivers, not third party ones)

Thanks.

your best option might be a hardware cutout in the mike cable. It wouldnt be too hard put a push button interrupt in-line to the mic, put it in a little box on your desktop or something, and then just hit the button. (of course, this option really belongs in alternative modding:)).

I don't have a software option for you, sorry, but maybe someone else will.

that sounds like a good idea. I might hitup rat shack and do that

Back