• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial makes DDR500 at cas 2.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i remember reading something in anandtech about some similar chips used in the kingmax pc4000 hardcore, and its supposed to be very versitle ram...

Flapper head

Is it rated at 2.5 or it can do 2.5.I can get my Adata to do cas 2.5 at DDR500..I dont know how stable it was .i just wanted to see if it could do it and it did.But it's rated cas 3

if ur refering to the rev b hynix, yes i believe they are the chips used in the ocz el pc4000/4200/4400 gold stuff along with the ct/d5 chips...but i think ur right about this crucial stuff, word is its more flexible. but since i havent tested any i dont know for sure

Cas latency means absolutly nothing at all. I hate these ram companies that only list cas. I mean out of all the timings cas and tras do squat all on P4/A64 systems. If this stuff runs 2.5-4-4-7 then I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole :D

Steve

How do you figure C/L"s dont mean nothing explain?Because you know something alot of use here dont if thats the case.But i agree what good is it if it runs 2.5-4-4-7

Look at this
Hmm, I've been wrong, they do not do 2.0-2-2 but 2.0-3-2... at 200MHz. But I've seen any of them doing 2.0-2-2, I can tell you for sure.

Grr, I just looked it up again, Planet3dNow! told it is 2.0-2-2-6. It is a german site, but you can look at the numbers, right :D

And 2.8V is normal for these frequencies

umm i ordered a gig of the pc4000 stuff and returned it the next day. It wouldnt overclock even 1mhz no matter the timings and voltage. does stock at least. runs tight timings at pc3200 @2226 but what's the point for p4 users that wants 1:1 and most can go over 250fsb.

Situman, I'm convinced that it isn't the RAM, or you got a bad batch. As you saw in the PCPer forums, and on here, mine went up to 265HTT with 2-5-3-3-8 timings and 2.8V. So this micron rev. G stuff WILL overclock.

I'm sorry you weren't happy with it :(

For anyone who didn't happen to see, I posted a lot of information about this memory in this thread.

Odie

265 wasn't Prime blend test stable, but was memtest stable at 100 passes of test 5.

260 was stable at all of the above. 1.75VCore, 2.85VDimm. 2.5-3-3-8.

Back