• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kohan

Registered
Hi i just got some OCZ 2X256 DDR400 Platinum ram on a DFI Infinity Nforce2 Board and a 2500+ Mobile. I am wondering how far can i push these. Right now I'm stable at 235Mhz at 3.1V for the ram. They have BH6 chips on them. Any input would be appreciated.

I use memtest 95 and prime i only had about 3 hours testing done on each of them. On a nother note dou you guys know what is the highest voltage i should go on generic ram ddr400. I have a 512 meg stick and i was thinking on ading it to those other two but i think i would have to lower the voltage than. What do you guys think woul generic ram be able to handle 3.1V?

I'd suggest removing all ram but any like chips (2x256 ocz) and start with those first in dual channel mode. Most likely the others will only hinder you.

I'm guessing you meant prime95 and memtest. Both are fine to test stability. I'm not sure if your cpu is locked or not, but try to underclock it (yes, underclock) and use memtest to isolate the memory. Anytime you can remove a variable from what might be causing instability you'll get to your final destination sooner (hence, removing generic ram from the equation).

I can guide you further probably, but I'd/(we) would like to know what mobo you have and maybe power supply too. Add it to your signature also.

-LxOxSxI

Back