• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taking a gamble :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bojangles

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-157&depa=1
I have a problem. There is a posibility that next generation PCI express cards won't be coming out untill Christmas time. I am building a new rig and I want it to be a socket T. I want it to have a 6800GT in it so I need a socket T with AGP. That ECS mobo is the only one I have found with an AGP slot. Now my problems with it are:
1. I want to overclock the **** out of my CPU, has ECS broken the OC lock?
2. It is an 915 + ICH6, I was under the impression that the ICH6 was recalled.
If you think I am picky, you should see me trying to buy a car :argue:

^^ that doesnt really further the discussion much .... :(

On topic: As far as I am aware ECS boards arent the best for overclocking.

I have seen the 5900pci-x and the x600 but I don't have the money to buy one of those as a temporary card and buy another one later.

/bump
I got a Gigabyte board which seems to OC decently. Now If it had a lock it would just seem that it wouldn't let me push the processor past a certain point. However, I will set the FSB past 225 and it just reverts to 200 on startup, oh well, my ram can barely handle that anyway. More importantly though, the gigabyte board came with a G.E.A.R slot which changes the AGP signal into PCI which the processor can read. So I have a 6800GT running in my PCI Express system. The problem is, it is running in PCIx1 not AGPx8. OOPS!

Back