• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV Light or Blacklight?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, I have decided its time to mod the case a little bit, and Im going to re-paint it, Im going to use White on the inside, and I have some Danger Den Blue UV Dye, I want to know if a UV light is better to use, or a Black light is better... Or is there really any differnce?

Osirus said:
Ok, I have decided its time to mod the case a little bit, and Im going to re-paint it, Im going to use White on the inside, and I have some Danger Den Blue UV Dye, I want to know if a UV light is better to use, or a Black light is better... Or is there really any differnce?

Hmmm, I do believe that "black light" is just another name for Ultra-Violet so they are indeed the same thing. :)

Both are the same. Are you going to put them in the case or just in the room. The black lights at spencers are going to be a little big for the case. I have 4 of the 24 inch (i think that is what they were) in my room at college. has a nice effect, especially since all the wall has clear uv paint all over it and crap written everywhere. Had a highlighter party in that and there are some interesting things written and drawn. My favorite are the boob and *** imprints...beats me how they did it, but it is pretty funny.

sweat.. yeah Ill be heading to spencers tomorrow, other then that, i dont know where to find a UV or Blacklight local to me... without going to Compusa or PCClub

way back when...in the 70's

we used to have posters that were made for uv light "black light"

there are still some Elvis velvet posters around in some trailor parks i think

i have 2 12" in my case and just bought some highlighters at home depot they work great trouble is i dont know what to paint (write on)

it is getting obsorbed by the vid card too easy and it barly shows i thing i will use different colors on the plastics

Just to let you know the flourecent black lights will probably heat up your case much more than a cold cathode (comp specific) UV light. Cold Cathodes aren't exactly cold, but they don't get too hot. Mine just got warm. I put the inverter right next to a case vent hole, so that probably kept it cool.

Back