• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a64 ........need ram ......cheap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmxvsdmc

Registered
a64 ........need ram ......

hey guys new here.........i would like to buy ram for my new comp which i am building.......i have a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ newcastle and have a asus K8V se deluxe mobo.....will be selling this mobo and getting the VNF-250......i need 1 gig of ram for under $250 shipped .....i would like to OC later when i need too....what do u think off this ram

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-883&depa=1

http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/kvr400AK2_1gr.pdf :bang head

i am open to suggestions ......thanx for all your help.....

Last edited:
I have the same setup and went with the:-

OCZ Enhanced Latency Platinum PC3200 2-3-2-5 1T ratings. These were $115/stick at Newegg a few weeks back.

I could not get the "1T" rate working with two 512MB sticks. This seemed to be about the only timing that made a significant difference to memory scores. I've read that 2x512MB double sided DIMMS are next to impossible to work at 1T in many MB's.

I did manage to get a modest overclock of 219MHZ with these DIMMS. Nothing great, but everything is Prime95 stable and running with stock heatsink and CPU voltage. I used standard memory defaults, except for CL2.5 (None of the other 8 or so settings did anything too much for performance, only seemed to give instability)

Anything above this would lead to Prime95 errors (MemTest86 was fine to 225MHZ, but not Prime). This board doesn't lock PCI/AGP so it will probably be hard to go too high anyway. I figured that the low latency route was probably the best way to go with this board.

I also have a 2520MHZ Mobile NF7-S V2 setup and the A64 is 30% in some tests I've tried (CPU intensive).

Hope this helps........

Back