• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-e northbridge volt mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FSBuster

Does anyone know (or have a link) on how to do a p4c800-e northbridge volt mod? I've already done the droop mod and vdimm mod, but I'd like to try to do the NB as well.

3.2E (ES) @4.4GHz; mach1, 275FSB 1:1 2x512MB Corsair DDR500, p4c800-e vdimm mod & droop mod, X800pro 610/595 pelt cooled w/ vdimm mod & vcore mod, watercooled nb, 2x160GB raid0, antec true 550w ps

as far as i know volt moding for NB was not published in the net. at least not widely.

I've been looking for a NB mod for this board for a while now. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like such a mod exists.

This is a rip from Malves corner before his site was taken down. I am having this done to my P4C800-E by ViperJohn as we speak. This is the AGP mod which will feed your AGP & Northbridge more volts...I believe 2.0v is max for this mod. The bios allows for 1.8v. On this board, when you feed the AGP slot more volts, you send the same to your Northbridge. I really wish we could do it seperate but so far no-one has figured out a way to do it yet.

Vagp - "Solder a 200k trimmer from pin 6 of LM324 IC between southbridge of dimm slots, to pin 11 (GND), as shown on the picture below. Lower the resistence the resistence for more volts"

Attachments

• V-agp mod.JPG
    V-agp mod.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,178
sp00L said:
Good find, Krag. I noticed Malve's was done. I guess this is needed for those trying to hit 300+ fsb.

Indeed bro, this is for ultra high fsb. I don't think it will help OC's below 275. But we shall see...my Vapochill LS will be at my house on Thursday!!! I have a SL6WU 3.0c & a SL7EW 3.0e to test in it. I might have a Newcastle 3200 if my order goes thru in the AMD64/Asus K8V combo thread...

I'm going to do this mod next time I unstrap my prommie.
It amazes me that people are able to figure out these mods... it's really unbelievable. And also unbelievably appreciated!

sp00L said:
Good find, Krag. I noticed Malve's was done. I guess this is needed for those trying to hit 300+ fsb.

mmmm... I've used three of these boards now, and they've all been able to run stably up to around a FSB of 327 or so with vAGP set to 1.7v in the BIOS....

Perhaps I'm just plain lucky, but I doubt it. I think this is for those going for 330+ MHz on the FSB, just to be a bit more specific.

Diablo23RD said:
AGP Voltage relative with Vdd voltage on ASUS P4C800s. That is why ppl just do Vagp mod.

i didn't fully understand you. could you please explain?
1) as i understand by Vdimm volt moding i mod the memory volatge only. Am i right?
2) there is a definition in BIOS for AGP voltage. Does changeing the AGP voltage consequently changes the Vdimm voltage?

1) Yes, vdimm modding only affects the voltage to the ram.
2) Changing the AGP voltage might change the voltage to the northbridge.

What he means by "relative" is that upping the AGP voltage also increases the northbridge voltage as they are both typically connected. Doing an AGP mod would allow >1.8 volts to the agp, hence more voltage to the northbridge. The northbridge controls the Front Side Bus, so in some oc'ers quest for 300+ on the fsb, they want more voltage to the northbridge, via the AGP voltage. Notice in Tio's post he's running 1.7 volts on the AGP to benefit the northbridge. Hope this helps.

sp00L
yes. now i get it. do you know where is the measuring point of NB voltage on the mobo (p4c800 serie)?

Orka said:
sp00L
yes. now i get it. do you know where is the measuring point of NB voltage on the mobo (p4c800 serie)?

It will be the same as the AGP voltage. As said earlier they both controlled by the same chip. In the pic I posted is the place to check Vagp, which, will be the same voltage as the northbridge. The whole reason for this 200k trimmer mod is to feed voltage to the P4C800 northbridge. so far no one has been able to find a way to increase "just" the northbridge voltage. The "only" way to do it is to do this mod. Yes...you will be giving your AGP slot the saem amount of voltage as your northbridge. There is no other way at the moment.

Check the mosfet in the pic with a multi-meter and it will give you voltage for AGP & NB .

krag said:
It will be the same as the AGP voltage. As said earlier they both controlled by the same chip. In the pic I posted is the place to check Vagp, which, will be the same voltage as the northbridge. The whole reason for this 200k trimmer mod is to feed voltage to the P4C800 northbridge. so far no one has been able to find a way to increase "just" the northbridge voltage. The "only" way to do it is to do this mod. Yes...you will be giving your AGP slot the saem amount of voltage as your northbridge. There is no other way at the moment.

Check the mosfet in the pic with a multi-meter and it will give you voltage for AGP & NB .

does rising the AGP voltage throught the BIOS settings rises the NB voltage as well? If yes - i can't really get what the AGP mod is for. because AGP voltage above 1.7-1.8V is not recommended generally and those values are possible to define through BIOS.

Orka said:
does rising the AGP voltage throught the BIOS settings rises the NB voltage as well? If yes - i can't really get what the AGP mod is for. because AGP voltage above 1.7-1.8V is not recommended generally and those values are possible to define through BIOS.

THe puprose of the mod is to go beyond 1.8v up to 2.0v.

krag said:
THe puprose of the mod is to go beyond 1.8v up to 2.0v.
what about video card? will it work right with a relatively high AGP voltage?

Back