• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 3200+ and memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scm007

Registered
OK, i know that there is memory up to like pc4000+ out there, but people have told me that for the asus k8v se deluxe i can only use up to pc3200? wtf isn't this outdated and crappy? I want to use the best and fastest mem available, what should i do?

Isn't there a flash for the bios?
If not, then your best be would be to get anoher mobo :(

Well what Athlon 64 mobos support higher bandwith memory? Do any? I looked at the alienware website and with their high-end athlon 64 system (the aurora) they only shipped pc3200 ram.

With the AMD64 the memory controller is on chip and it only supports PC3200. But if you plan on overclocking then buy some really good ram.

lol they probably in the specs the motherboard only supports up to pc3200. all motherboards say that but you can still ran the ram higher than that speed

Would there be any benifits in running the memory faster if the memory controller on the chip is only 400MHz? I wouldn't think so, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't you have to overclock to see any difference?

The fastest DDR-I RAM you can EVER get is DDR400 (PC3200) all the other PC3500/3700/4000/etc are just overclocked PC3200...i do not think that you will find a MB that says it supports PC3500+....

The only advantage of these sorts of RAM is for overclocking....until resently if you wanted to overclock you'd have to overclock you CPU/MB/RAM....with this RAM you only have to overclock you CPU/MB, which elimiates some problems with overclocking...

The only way that you are going to find RAM that is rated higher then PC3200 is DDR-II RAM...

Back