• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston ddr400 not working!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

I just got the parts for a system im building and its built and i am having trouble booting up like it wont at all. Ive heard that this ram isnt the greatest but its what i got right now i got a gig of it in a asus a7n8x-e deluxe. Ive gotten it to work sometimes with playing with the timings and all but now the same settings dont do smack, i got to far, ive already been able to do the hard drive and all and now it wont boot. Also would having a bios version make a difference? the version is 1011

Is that the XP3000 with the 333FSB or the 400FSB? I would try switching the ram to different slots sometimes they prefer certain ones. And if there is bios update you should really get it sometimes they help.

Well I just checked and you seen to have the latest bios version. You might want to check in your bios if you have the right FSB:DRAM ratio. If you had been running DDR 333 then maybe it is still set that way. Just make sure the resulting frequency (in the advanced chipset features menu of your bios) is showing 400 MHz. Also make sure you have the ram in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 so it will be dual channel.

yeah i bought 2 sicks of the valueram pc3200. one stick is practically dead and one stick im only running ddr300 since it wont boot at stock ddr400. waiting for my new ram before returning it.

Back