• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] Danger Den + Abit AI7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all

well the problem seems is abit decided to take the socket of the Abit AI7 and put it on an angel, this has renderd my SLK948U useless as the corners of the CPU are not covered since the heatsink has a small strip that "usually" sits perfect with the CPU but since BAIT deiced to turn their chip on an angel!!!

ai7-lg.jpg

Does anyone know iof DangerDen's new WC blocks - the TDX ones i beleive - are compatible and will coover the full chip?

its not a problem, as long as the center .5sq" are covered your ok, thats where the actual core is, the rest really isnt used much for cooling.

Jon

^^ is weird - i took my SLK948U and switch it with a thermaletake heat sink - which in my other system kep the CPU @ like 44C under full load

the SLK948U in the system - kept the CPU @ about 50C max load now that i have this thermaletale the AI7 reports the temp as 53C!!!!!!

i reapplied AS 5 twice! - i know the AI7 is to be more accurate - but if the temp was 53C i would not be able to touch the heatsink which i can and is is warm, but i could hold my finger there for evere :(

I had it O/c - it is a 2.6C @ 3.13 - stock volatge - and i put it back to 2.6 - everything stock and the temp is the same under full load - does that make ANY sense?

argh! i hate all this temp crap and if it is right, or wrong, or maybe.

P.S - dont mind the spelling - my excuse is the right side of my brain works faster then my left :D

JFettig said:
its not a problem, as long as the center .5sq" are covered your ok, thats where the actual core is, the rest really isnt used much for cooling.

Jon

Quite true, look up instructions for Artic Silver application instructions. That's why the bead on heatspreader works even though it doesn't cover all of the IHS.

Yup - emailed danger den as well and they said it fits fine - they said the RBX one may not work well case it is so thin so getting that one :D

i hope WC drops the temps of this frick'n cpu!

Back