• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which revision of the P4C800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

Which revision of the P4C800 normal version should I go for?

1) The one with the green coloured capacitors near the CPU socket area, and the silver northbridge heatsink?

2) Or the one with brown coloured capacitors near the CPU socket area, and the black northbridge heatsink?

Are there any differences between both board revisions like stability issues, etc.? Need some quick replies, cos I'm getting one in about 12 hours time. :D

Thanks.

Go for #2. I doubt you'll see any stability changes, ie. the vcore will bounce like always, however, the latter is probably beefed up to handle prescott. I'm on my second p4c800-E dlx. The first and the second boards were both rev. 2.00 but the second had the brown caps and 3 more mosfets. It performs identical to the first, but I suspect it is built to handle prescott. Also, Asus seems to have fixed the cpu temp. under-reporting problem with this new revision.

Back