• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pmi pc4500 review?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

hey guys we know about the great ocz el series/ the muskin lvl2 and corsair memory.. everyine does reviews of this stuff.. but some of the other memory makers like simpletech amd pmi reviews are few and far between..ive been curious about the pmi series especially the pc4500 and how well it stacks up against the competion.. is anyone else interested in a little review on it here?? cause if there is enuff interest ill email pmi and see if they will lend me a set for a small review.. being im just a regular knucklehead, if i had to buy every series of ram im interested in id be broke in 2 weeks...

In all fairness to their product, it should be tested across a wide variety of platforms and motherboards, to determine its full potential. I would suggest that you include me in this loop, with you being an Abit man, if you would forward the ram to me afterwards, I could then add Gigabyte (865), Asus (865), MSI (865) and Epox (875) testing, to get a more complete picture of the ram and to see if any compatibility issues arise. Even though out of its environment, we could even throw in an Abit nForce2 chipset test, enhanced by OCZ's DDRBooster, and see what it will do on an AMD platform. Afterwards, if could be forwarded to someone else, that could then test on an A64 perhaps?

What do you think flapper?

Just kidding about me, but you should go for it. I think that there would be alot of interest in this and it would give these non-top tier companies some good press.

Reefa_Madness said:
In all fairness to their product, it should be tested across a wide variety of platforms and motherboards, to determine its full potential. I would suggest that you include me in this loop, with you being an Abit man, if you would forward the ram to me afterwards, I could then add Gigabyte (865), Asus (865), MSI (865) and Epox (875) testing, to get a more complete picture of the ram and to see if any compatibility issues arise. Even though out of its environment, we could even throw in an Abit nForce2 chipset test, enhanced by OCZ's DDRBooster, and see what it will do on an AMD platform. Afterwards, if could be forwarded to someone else, that could then test on an A64 perhaps?

What do you think flapper?

Just kidding about me, but you should go for it. I think that there would be alot of interest in this and it would give these non-top tier companies some good press.

actually, i think its a great idea... i just emailed their marketing. if i get a positive response ,ill suggest ur ideas also.. that way if we get 4 or 5 different looks at this memory it will be a much more accurate picture..

well guess what. i was looking at the voltage requirements and i noticed it takes 2.75 volts. i saw that the shika xram only needs 2.6volts for pc4400. being the 1-1 addict i am my hands stated shakin and the overcloking 1-1 gargoyle on my shoulder took control.. i should have 2x256 of shikaxram on tuesday or wednesday for a nice little review.. like i need more ram.. i just got rid of 3 sets in the last couple weeks...

Back