• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 - no posting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demal

This is probably a dumb question, but here it goes. I bought a new cpu fan for my 3.0 and when I installed it all, I do not get any posts out of the mobo. I believe I didnt have the proccessor in all the way at one point of the fan installation procedure. I heard a little crunch. I inspected the socket and the chip, but I saw nothing wrong AT ALL? Could I have crushed some vitals inside the socket? Also, when I removed the OEM fan, my original 2.53 was stuck to the bottom of the fan. Could this too cause some problems? Is it ok for the chip to come out when the arm is still in the closed position?

If my mobo is toast, should I go with the P4C800- E deluxe?

yup.....went out and got a new mobo. Now its all good, except more the wallet.

Yup its all relatively to these asus boards that the cpu socket is very fragile so be careful next time....i had mine too tight also heard the same crunch...lol.....dead mobo cpu test failed error to the end.......

BL
Vflux

not only asus, any mobo, if u press it too much, it'll give u a crunch.. even if the pci cards.. pressing it to hard will give u bios errors...

too true, take care in future

Phil

p.s. it pays to take your time, in your case literally (empty wallet)

Back