• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error installing SP1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Upon downloading and trying to install the Microsoft Service Pack 1 I get an error saying something about ".../windows/system32/atapi.sys is in use". I have tried ending as many processes as possible in the task manager but still no luck. Any ideas?

I have installed Service Packs in safe mode in the past when I had troubles. Give it a shot. Good Luck.

i had the same problem before when trying to install it on my aunts computer... i gave up considering it isn't my computer... so... you're not alone

however, it would be good to know how to resovle this issue....

come think of it... i wonder if there is a microsoft support article on this issue... i'm just too lazy to look

I don't ever recall having any problems in the past installing the SP, oh well I'm just gonna try it in safe mode.

Clean boot didnt work, I just deleted the file it said it was having problems with and had no problems after that...problem solved!

dreamtfk said:
Clean boot didnt work, I just deleted the file it said it was having problems with and had no problems after that...problem solved!

priceless.... i've never actually considered doing that....

If you happen to have Alcohol 120%/50% or Daemon tools installed, uninstall and that should fix it. Same thing happened on my buddies computer..

-d

Back