• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need value Ram suggestions for less than 120bucks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

I've got a system that has a 3.0C that will run at 235FSB and I now need to get together some dual channel ram for it. I'm only going with 2x256mb because it is just a backup rig and if my main rig ever goes down then I can just put my good ram in it. So anyway I want something that will do 235FSB at 1:1 so would that make my best bet be pc3700 466mhz ram? What ram brand should I go with? I don't care if it's Cas3 ram, as long as it's fast and will run 235 1:1 and not over 180bucks. Thankyou in advance.

Myhre

Edit: I was first thinking about 3200 ram but I know that 3700 will be more expensive so anything under 180 would be nice.

go to best buy and look for some valuram with rebate or sale. i got my -5bc micron 2x256 for 90.00 bux with rebate. ive been able to run them as hi as 250 3.2.3.6 at 3.2 volts..also epowerhouse has some buffalo pc3700 256 with these chips for around 65.00 bux. now the amd guys arent having good luck, but since u have an intel chipset they outta run at least that good.. check out my thread jackpot"
also i see newegg has some simpletech pc4000 nitro 2x256 for like 133.00. they will DEFINITELY run 235. they are of VERY hi quality and only need 2.6volts. however they wont run good latencies. also u might want to checkout the kingmax bga and pc3700 im hearing that some of the micron chips used are running real well.. also checkout the ocz eb pc3700,in fact u might be able to get some bh5 right here in the forums that someone has already tested, cause 180.00 gives u alot of leeway...

thanks for the fast reply. I was actually reading your buffalo thread when you posted this. That stuff looks nice, and almost makes me want to get 2 sticks for my p4 system. did it turn out to be the chips everyone wanted? I was only on page 3 by the time I switched over. Also, the 754 amd64 systems don't have dual channel so they don't benifit from more than one stick of ram right? Well I mean it wouldn't help any to have 2x256 rather than 1x512 correct?

im not much of an amd expert but it seems the nf7 amd boards dont run well at cas 3 so those guys were having probs. now it seems the a64 with the onboard memory controller likes this stuff better. and of course we know intel works real well with this memory..

as for the a64 dc question i know originally it was that way . not sure if things have changed.

Back