• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga8IK-1100 1.0 Where is cputempsensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the914man

I'm wondering where the cpu temp sensor is located, because after swapping the stock fan from my 2.4 with my gigabyte 3d cooler pro, i noticed a temp increase to where it used to idle in the very low 30's, it would idle at 40C, and increase from there. From what i've heard, it is a very good cooler and im wondering if the cpu temp diode is just getting the exhaust air from the cooler blown onto the diode. I get the same temps with easytune 4 and mbm5.

Today, i swapped up to a 3.0 800fsb with 1 mb cache, and now it idles at 53. Im really hoping that its just the diode getting exhaust blown onto it. I have an x-alien case with all 6 fans going.

Any advice on the accuracy of the temps would help! thanks

im not %100 sure but i think taht is on the middle of the socket 472 (on the pcb) or in the procesor. remember to configure mbm whit your mother, or it will say crazy tems and voltages

Back