• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung tccc/tccd chip??anyone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

does anyone have some3200-4000 with these samsung chips.. the whole serial number is kh4560838f-tccd or maybe tccc. im thinking they are gonna be good latency chips.. as we know the corsair 2.2.2 has the samsung ccd version and they run low latencies.. looked around and found plenty with the tccc but no tccd. im thinking they were probably used in the samsung pc4000 as anandech has stated in their corsair review. if anyone does have any i was wondering if they could do some overclocking to see how they respond to latencies voltage etc. hopefully this will be another pool of chips we can draw from.. flapper

I looked at Newegg have many of -TCCC. I got a pair of Buffalo PC3200 with -TCCC chips for my customer and I tried them in single channel and the max they can reach 240 2.5 3 3 7 @ 3V on epox 4PEA+ (2:3). I cant go higher because the limited of the mobo, i cant change the timing go higher than that, and system locked if I change to lower timing. I dont know they can go higher or not. I still have the screen shot of them but i cant post it up here. PM me if u want take a look.

flapper,

A few more months and these chips will be the subject of the next great "look what I found in KVR at BB!" thread. Or at least I hope so. Sooner or later, it seems all the great chips make it down to kvr at bb. So far...bh-5/bh-6/bt-d43/MT-5B C. Those are just the ones that come to mind, probably some ch-5, too.

yep. im being a little more cautious, cause i dont want anyone to jump out and buy them right away for their overclocking value ,cause i dont really know what they are capable of..
diablo 240 @ 2.5.3.3.7 aint bad for this stuff maybe we will find some gems...

here a little memory overclocking table,. one guy got 366 mhz on 2.88 VOLTS so we ,may have some gems mixed up with the modules
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/Memory-OC.htm

Last edited:
Last time i went to Fry's I saw Mushkin PC4000 512 for $116 (around under $120), I think Mushkin using -TCCC chips for that stick, Newegg have it for $179. All the -TCCC stick I looked at newegg rate cas latency @ 3.

Should I go to Fry's buy them and open it up and return? :p

Diablo23RD said:
Last time i went to Fry's I saw Mushkin PC4000 512 for $116 (around under $120), I think Mushkin using -TCCC chips for that stick, Newegg have it for $179. All the -TCCC stick I looked at newegg rate cas latency @ 3.

Should I go to Fry's buy them and open it up and return? :p

i think we all probably have done something along those lines. but it really isnt fair to the company and their customers. i bought some shikaxram for 182.oo to test out. when im finished ill probably be lucky to get 120.00. but its the right thing to do, rather than return it. btw i saw some pc4600 bm's with the adata pc4600 and it seems they are using these samsung chips, so it may be some really screaming memory

Tccc sammy dont get very high latency's. They also dont overclock very high either. As for TCCD im unsure because im dont with Samsung and Got my Pc4200 Adata in today

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add on anyway..... just took the headspreader of my simpletech nitro pc3500 - Samsung TCCC.... this ram doesn't overclock well and the best timings I can get are 3-3-3-11. highest stable overclock was 225MHz.

HousERaT said:
I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add on anyway..... just took the headspreader of my simpletech nitro pc3500 - Samsung TCCC.... this ram doesn't overclock well and the best timings I can get are 3-3-3-11. highest stable overclock was 225MHz.

interesting thnx...

I tried some Buffalo PC3200 with pretty late (0415 I think) TCCC. It did 255, 3-3-3-5 @ 2.8 volts. Semi EB performance actually. But it would not run CAS 2 no matter what, at any spec. It also would not run 5:4 whatsoever, nor did more voltage help.

It's really time for Samsung to rise from the ashes, as mT is doing. Hell, I remember the time 'Winbond' elicited the same reaction as 'Nanya' now. Hey, who knows?

I have Corsair TwinX XMS 2 x 512 MB platinum CL 2225 with Samsung TCCD chips. Right now at 230 FSB 1:1 with 2.5-3-3-7 GAT AAAAA Vdimm 2.9V. I can almost get stable with 2-2-2-5 timings GAT ANADD at 3.0 Vdimm.

Here are some interesting tests:

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=479&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=2

http://www.fastlanehw.com/reviews.php?i=126&page=3

Does anyone else have some info to share on these? Next week I will receive my SL7KC 3.2E DO stepping, and I will be running higher FSB's with this ram. I hope to be able to get to 250 FSB 1:1 :eek:

flapperhead said:
here a little memory overclocking table,. one guy got 366 mhz on 2.88 VOLTS so we ,may have some gems mixed up with the modules
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/Memory-OC.htm

yes this is quiet good, just beware this is A64, and he is using a half multi, so even though CPU-Z shows ram @1:1, CPU-Z doesnt know what its doing w/ a64 and ram ratios:), in that pic (the 366 one) his ram is at 5.5/6 . this is still by no means bad though, its still 335mhz :burn: , dont get me wronge, if i could get 335 1:1 i would be all over it:), just dont let A64 fool you. i also noticed that alot of the other picks w/ A64 were also using half multi, yeilding slightly misleading results

the 4th guy down (349mhz)(TCCD) using a64 have valid results:)(5xmulit)... :attn:
as well 5th place (347mhz)(TCCD) w/ a64 using 6x multi is valid

these are accually better that the other guy....

Last edited:
Clevor said:
I tried some Buffalo PC3200 with pretty late (0415 I think) TCCC. It did 255, 3-3-3-5 @ 2.8 volts. Semi EB performance actually. But it would not run CAS 2 no matter what, at any spec. It also would not run 5:4 whatsoever, nor did more voltage help.

Checking my notes, it actually needed 3.1 volts to do this.

Diablo23RD said:
I looked at Newegg have many of -TCCC. I got a pair of Buffalo PC3200 with -TCCC chips for my customer and I tried them in single channel and the max they can reach 240 2.5 3 3 7 @ 3V on epox 4PEA+ (2:3). I cant go higher because the limited of the mobo, i cant change the timing go higher than that, and system locked if I change to lower timing. I dont know they can go higher or not.

here the screen shot!

Attachments

• TCCC-480.JPG
    TCCC-480.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 456
mattspalace said:
My 3200XL does the following:

2-2-2-5 clocks = 220FSB
2.5-3-3-7 clocks = 250FSB
3-4-4-8 clocks = 265FSB

Hehe mattspalace is that xl pro or the pt version? The reason I'm asking is that some people pretend that the pro version clocks higher? Mine does 220 only at 2-3-2-6 timings at stock, and 2-2-2-5 at 3.0V

Back