• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 + Memory Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arch

Can anyone recommend some memory for use in the AI7. I just got some HyperX PC4000 from BestBuy (its on sale this week btw), but it didn't work using the 5:4 divider, which is no good. :rolleyes: Back to the store with that garbage.

What I'm looking for is high speed memory (>PC3500) that works on the AI7 using the 5:4 divider. Right now I'm sitting at 3.2 on my m0 2.4C with 512megs of HyperX PC3500. I'd like to go up to a gig for Doom3 and HL2.

Thanks!

My Corsair PC4000 hate the 5:4 ratio too. I have 2 pairs of RAM that do very well in my AI7 using the 5:4 ratio.

1) Mushkin PC3500 black level 2 with BH-5 chips. This is expensive and not made anymore, but it does well at high vdimm and I can run my 2.4C at 3.5 gig using the 5:4 ratio with 2-2-2-5 timings.

2) Komusa Hyperram PC4200 with A-Data chips. This stuff is great for the price. While your mileage may vary, I can hit 283 FSB or 3.4 gig using the 1:1 ratio with this RAM. Talk about insane memory bandwidth. The Hyperram also does quite well at the 5:4 ratio too, but don't allow tight timings like my BH-5 RAM. I can do over 3.5 gig with the 5:4 ratio using my Hyperram. Bandwidth is good too, about 6300 in Sandra if I remember right.

i recommend you take a look at www.komusa.com and click on the hyperlink grab the pc4000. i bought from them and the ram is nice... if you do buy from them make sure you select the adata option at the bottom of the page... last i remember the dual kit for pc4000 2x512 was $240 or so...

Back