• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The heatspraders on my ADATA Hyperram is not even touching the memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I noticed when i got my Hyperram ADATA pc4200 in the mail last night that half the heatspeader is touching one side of the stick but the other side isnt i tried sqeezing it together but it keeps poping off,

The same thing happend when i put heatspreaders on my pc2700 sammy's. The only way i know how to fix this is to take those 2 clips off on the spreader, and sqeeze it again then it stays on the memory fine.

Im wondering if this is ok. The clips are so tight and the heatspreaders so small its keeping one side from sticking to the ram. As for how well they overclock, i dont have my mobo with me cuss im traiding my modded 8kda3j for a friends 8KDA3+, he is to scared to do the soldering job so he offerd me his board formine if i add $15 in the deal i accepted it. Just waiting for his board to get in the mail.

I did run the ram on my NF7-S it runs up to 250fsb but i get some error's in windows, thats probly because i need to do the Chipset vmod and that my 2500+ doesnt like 250fsb. I cant wait to get my board in and crank this puppy to 280-290mhz

Last edited:
heatspreaders are for decoration only. don't worry about it ;)

my adata pc4200 i showed you before at 301mhz, it ran that speed (maximum) with and without heatspreaders.

Hmm Should i just take them off if i can or just leave it alone, or do the thing i mentioned to make them touch the ram completetly.

Do heatspreaders actually make the heat worse ?

My Hyperram PC4200 RAM with A-Data chips don't even have heatspreaders and it does 283 memtest stable.

heat spreaders on ram is more decoration then anything - as long as you got good air flow in your case there are no worries.

Some people claim if the heatspreaders aren't attached properly or if the thermal tape is thick and crappy, that they can actually trap heat like a blanket. Not sure if that's true or not, but it does make sense. If I were you, I'd find a way to get them to stick better so they were making good contact. But, unless you are pushing the limits, it probably won't matter much if you have decent case ventilation.

CandymanCan said:
Hmm Should i just take them off if i can or just leave it alone, or do the thing i mentioned to make them touch the ram completetly.

Do heatspreaders actually make the heat worse ?
well most manufacturers say you lose your warranty if you take them off so unless you have already lost your warranty somehow or you don't care i'd leave them on. they don't do any damage.

batboy said:
Some people claim if the heatspreaders aren't attached properly or if the thermal tape is thick and crappy, that they can actually trap heat like a blanket. Not sure if that's true or not, but it does make sense.
agreed, but i haven't had any negative results from having them on so i think any heat trappage is minor and doesn't affect performance.

Back