• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Booster --> BH-5 max Vdimm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Don K

Will be getting my Booster real soon now and searched around a bit, but cant find any conclusive answer.

What is the "safe" Vdimm for BH-5 (in a well ventilated case, with separate fan blowing over the memory)?

3,5V?

The chips are rated by Winbond up to 3.6 volts. :D I would put a fan over them at that voltage though. I know people have done 4+ for benchmarks. I don't know how safe that high of a voltage is though.

ZachM said:
The chips are rated by Winbond up to 3.6 volts. :D I would put a fan over them at that voltage though. I know people have done 4+ for benchmarks. I don't know how safe that high of a voltage is though.
what if your case doesn't have a side panel fan? what are some other options then?

Make a little bracket that holds a fan so that it can blow over the RAM.

ZachM said:
Make a little bracket that holds a fan so that it can blow over the RAM.
i was hoping there was some other after-market type of memory cooling fan attachments ;)

They are rated 3.6V @70C.....you got nothing to worry about. I ran my bh-6 for 2 days at 3.8V under memtest 86 the whole time. Cooling then is the obvious thing to do if you want them to live :D

Steve

Back