• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible AGP problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

invisible hand

I have been able to bring my 2.8C up to FSB 255. (see sig for more info) I'm Prime stable here for at least 6 hrs (have not tried longer), but at that speed I get weird graphical issues in windows, such as missing tool bar and pull down menus that are transparent or take a while to appear. I had my AGP voltage set to 1.5V ....so could that be the problem? Is there anything else I could try? Or have I exhausted my options for now?

I have everything else set according to the recomendation found in the asus section....and it seems weird that I could be prime stable but not stable in everyday applications.

What do you think?

Thanks

Weird things happen when overclocking, even running prime stable, but windows isn't stable. Try loosening your memory timings and increasing voltages. Some people claim that increasing the AGP voltage helps with stability, but I have never been able to increase my stability on any system I have put together by increasing the AGP voltage. I guess it couldn't hurt to try though.

With the FSB of 253Mhz and a 5:4 divider (and possibly an AGP lock anyway) the AGP card shouldnt be getting stressed really.

How are your temps? Perhaps it could be affecting the card? Also how are your voltages?

Back