• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know what the .16T or .8T stands for on Crucial CT6464Z40 512MB PC3200??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chachmarach

Hi, I bought a stick of Crucial 512MB PC3200 on ebay. He listed it as CT6464Z40.16T but I am not sure what the .16T stands for. Newegg's Crucial is listed as .8T but I am not sure why. Anyone familiar with Crucial or know what it means. Maybe it isn't that important as they keep the same CT6464Z40 name throughout. I apprciate any help with this.

Yes, I do.

The answer to this riddle becomes very clear, when you have all the info before you. I just had to hunt like crazy to find the info. By the way, the seller's name wasn't Clevor, was it?

The .8T, available at newegg, zzf and at some b&m retailers is a single-sided 512MB stick, with 8 of the Micron 46V64M8 chips. The .16T is a double-sided stick, with 16 of the 46V32M8 chips. I have not seen any of these in the states, but a fella by the name of Clevor who lives in Japan, was reporting his results in flapper's thread on the Micron ram being revised. Hits on Google for the 16T were all in Asian languages, which leads me to believe that this item is mostly available overseas. Clevor's 16T chips hit 230 plus if I remember correctly, however, you should read his postings just to be sure.

Hope that clears it up for you.

fhanderson said:
16T is double sided and 8T is single sided with 8 chips 4t is single sided with 4 chips

I went through this long explanation (typical for me) and you snuck it with the correct answer. I didn't know about the 4T, so thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for the help. It would make sense to me though if the stick I bought was labelled CT3264 but it isn't, it is labelled CT6464 which I thought by looking on Crucial's site stood for 64 MB chips which are 64 Bit. All of their 128Mb sticks are CT1664 and 256Mb are Ct32 for 32MB chips. I bought a 512MB stick so either it is actually a Gigabyte stick or he messed up on his model #. Is this right??

I've never used the PC 3200, but I use PC2700 16T with micron chips and 8T with Samsung chips. Both of these have run stable at 380 at default settings. The 16T has run stable at 390 at 2.6V and default settings. They may run higher but my 2.0 P4 tops out at 155fsb.

I just checked out the thread which discusses Micron or Crucial's memory. Clevor's post shows that his stick was also labelled CT6464Z40.16T. If it was a 512MB stick then it must be the same as his memory. Sorry to doubt anyone.

Thanks for the info, I have the one stick of Crucial CT6464Z40B.16T coming that I bought on Ebay and I just ordered a second stick of double sided 512MB PC3200 CT6464Z40B.16T from Crucial today. The double sided is avaible from Crucial but the order has to be phoned in as it isn't up on the website. I hope it works OK in my NF7-S board. Maybe it will have the Micron "C" chips on them but I doubt it very much.

I found that information from Speed Mechanic very "educational". It was the missing link for me because I could not understand why some of the 512 were single sided, like the 256 sticks and some were double-sided. His response cleared it up for me.

It will be interesting to see just what chip is does have. Since they don't sell much of the .16T, or at least not in the states, it might very well be the C revision. Why don't you post in the Micron results thread after you get them and let us know what they shipped you. I'm sure there would be interest.

Back