• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ccapp.exe must be ended to shutdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Alright ccapp.exe is part of norton antivirus and internet security. Lately it must be ended before the computer can shut down. Are there any fixes that people know of. I googled but no one has been able to fix this. I am using Norton Systemworks and Norton Internet Security 2003 with all the updates.

I dont know of any fixes for that, but I dont think you have to wait more than 5 sec for it to end automatically when your doing a restart or shutdown.

I've seen it happen to some systems and some dont have that problems. I've installed so far over 20+ on customers computers so far none only about 5/20 had this problem.
OR sometimes it ends with "Cant see me" program has to be shutdown.

Btw this is for Norton AV 2004

I'll assume you're running XP...if so, copy the contents below (in between the hash lines), and paste it into Notepad. Save the file with a .reg extension, right click the saved Registry file and select "Merge"...to merge the entries into the Registry.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"ClearPageFileAtShutdown"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"AutoEndTasks"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="1000"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
There should be no spaces between the O and the L in "Control", in the first and last Registry entries...correct this in Notepad after pasting the above. For some reason the word Control (when used in this context) isn't formatted correctly here in the forums.

Last edited:
I dont know of any fixes for that, but I dont think you have to wait more than 5 sec for it to end automatically when your doing a restart or shutdown.

I experience this on one of my machines. It does not seem to have any ill effect on the machines function of performance

nah it's just annoying that's all and I'm impatient. I tried Rogers fix but have yet to restart so I am not sure if it did anything yet. I emailed Symantec but they have yet to hit me back.

Back