• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Gaming Sytem And Cooling System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowblade1

Hello everyone, I would like to build a great gaming system and a cooling system. Gaming sytem, i wont be buying this for a month or two but i want to know what to aim for.

1b. Cpu, im thinking athlon 64 3000+? mayb higher but i wont buy the cpu till around christmas
2b. Gpu, x800? mayb in a few months it wont be $400
3b. Motherboard, these change all the time, so should i just wait and see?
4b. Memory 1024mb of what?
5b. Power Supply?
6b. what would be a good case? or should i wait till im about to buy?
7b. i forget anything?

cooling system, what do you think would be sufficient? fans with a fan controller?
thx for any help

-Shadowblade

Last edited:
you should slow your roll there fella.
people arent gonna rsepond if it means answering ten hundred questions in one response (plus theyre all related to different sections of OCF).
I suggestyou do some research yourself and thn ask specifics that are too difficult to find. :-/

yea your water cooling should prob be in extreme cooling but need a pump inless there is one in the ac thing and the best water block is the cascade but the builder hasnt orders since liek january or something so u would have to find someone that is selling one or get a different block

can you recommend a good waterblock under 50? or close? i dont mind a 1-2 degree diff as iv seen in most tests. anyone?

shadowblade1 said:
...3a. Insulation, whats the best for -30 to -45C?.....
...5a. Liquid, what are the best chemicals? and ratios? (-30 to -45C)...

....1b. Cpu, im thinking athlon 64 3000+? mayb higher.....

-Shadowblade

I have one question... Why would you want an A64 3000 down to -45C? They dont run quite hot in the first place. Are you thinking about OCing quite a bit?

Unless you plan to OC it ALOT, I dont see the point in spending all this money for this extensive of a WC system. You also have to take into consideration that you have to top off the liquid once in a while, and if you're using an exotic liquid, thats going to cost you quite a bit of money... But if you want to do this, no one's stopping you. :)

As for your CPU, I would suggest going to a 3400+ w/ a 1mb L2 cache, its quite a bit more, but IMO its worth it.

As for your Motherboard, I would also suggest the GIGABYTE "GA-K8NS PRO" nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard.

You should also, if planning on doing this WC system, get atleast a 550-600 Watt PSU. Just to make sure you dont run out of juice ;).

yea, i think i might hold off on the cooling system. what should i do for now you think? just fans? check first post i changed

If you're really not going to purchase until Christmas, there is no point in speculating right now. Just wait until then to see what new products are out(cpu, motherboard, and video card price drops).

Back