• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram should i get for a P4-M?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaotic504

ok, as compensation for fixing my friend's laptop, he gave me his 2.0ghz p4-M processor that came with his laptop (replace his Dell Inspiron 4150 w/ a Dell Latitute C640 and a 2.4ghz processor). i already bought a ASUS P4P800 Deluxe to go with the processor because I heard it was a good Intel board. I have a retail intel heatsink from a 3.06ghz Intel that i got from my cousin. since this is my first intel build, i was wondering what ram should i get with this board. i do have 2 sticks of Crucial PC2100 ram, that i could use, but i'm afraid i won't be able to run it very fast at all. i want to see what i can get out of this chip but i'm on a budget. i can't spend over $150 on ram. i was thinking maybe the new Crucial Ballistix PC4000, Corsair Value Select PC3200, OCZ Performance ram PC3500. anyone know what i should get w/ this board. i do have some Kingston HyperX PC3000 that is BH-5 ram, but that's on my Mobile 2600+ right now. any suggestions?

Back