• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsinks or not??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I picked up a couple of sticks of Adata Hyperam. When they arrived, they didn't have the copper sinks on them. They were not included when you upgrade to the Adata chips, I missed the fine print. I called and ordered them and they arrived today. Nice and shiney :) My question is, are they really necessary? I have since read of people running without them. Do they help at all? Or are they just eye candy?

my hyperram ran real cool i didnt need them. batboy i think is running his at 283 without spreaders. these chips seem to remain cool even when oc'd. some chips dont. the one's that dont(come to mind) are the micron -5b c chips.. when u hit em with 3+ volts u must have a heatspreader and /or a good size fan on them cause they get HOT..

High vdimm, like 3.2v, require extra cooling. But the Hyperram don't seem to like vdimm above 3v anyway. You don't really need the heatspreaders, they are mostly for decoration.

batboy said:
High vdimm, like 3.2v, require extra cooling. But the Hyperram don't seem to like vdimm above 3v anyway. You don't really need the heatspreaders, they are mostly for decoration.

agreed

You don't really need the heatspreaders, they are mostly for decoration. Yesterday 03:48 PM
Well, thet are a pretty polished copper. I thought that may be the case in that they were mostly looks. But since I already have them, they can't hurt.
Thanks Guys

Back