• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New RAM for a P4P800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChuckS

I'm loooking for some advice about a RAM upgrade

I currently have 512 Mb Geil PC3500 Ultra Platinum dual channel (2X256) on a P4P800-Deluxe and a 2.4c processor. I can't get over 200 FSB at 1:1, but can run 3:2 at 300 FSB (2.5-4-4-8) for the 3.6 GHz OC. So far it's been real stable at this setting, at least for games and DVDs.

Since I'm in the upgrade mood now, what would be a good choice for some 2X512 RAM that would allow me to run at 1:1 above 200 FSB?

Thanks in advance...

Nothing really available that will run 300 FSB at the 1:1 ratio out of the box. The OCZ PC4400 Gold would probably get you the highest at 1:1 ratio. If you don't have deep pockets and don't mind dropping down to maybe 3.4 gig or so, then the Komusa Hyperram PC4200 with A-Data chips is really good. I know for a fact that the Hyperram does the 5:4 ratio fine (not all high speed RAM will), so you could still use your 300 FSB with the 5:4 ratio if you wanted.

welcome to the forums my friend. i agree with batboy, the ocz elpc4400 gold is the elite of memories for 1-1 fsb. the komusa pc4200 with the adata chips (that batboy has)is very nice ram and a gig will overclock in the neighbood of 280's to the low to middle 290's.it is priced very reasonable. another memory to consider is the simpletech nitro pc4000. simpletech rates it at 250 at 2.6volts which is low for that speed. that denotes very good chips, i saw a review in which a gig (i believe) ran 283. (ddr566)mhz at 2.65/2.70 volts.although, it is more expensive than the komusa

Thanks for the replies. I just installed the OCZ Booster and can now run my RAM at 250 FSB 1:1 at 3.2v, so I'm happy for now (well, at least until next payday...)

Back