• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Adata Modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xception

I just received my new Adata 2x256 modules that I intended to add to the pair that I got earlier with hopes of getting them to run 280 in a 4 channel setup. No joy :( The new ones will run individually at 275 but when added with the other two will only run 255 without memtest errors. I knew I would take a hit by running 4x256 but dang :eek: I just cant live with that. So I am returning the ones I just got and placed another order for 2 x 512 hyperam modules that I should have gotten to start with.

I just had to take a chance I would get other good 256 ones as my first set did so well. Well here is hoping the new ones will do at least 275. Apparently you guys have Randy a little overwhelmed as he wouldnt even offer to hand test a set for me even for extra $.

So for those of you that have 2 x 256 modules and are thinking about upgrading to a gig do yourself a favor and just buy the 2 x 512 to start with.

yeah running 4 sticks is hard on the memory controller, plus the adata isnt speed tested, so u get only 250 mhz guarentee. seems like the pc4200 adata hyperram is a good compromise between the elite el 4400 gold of ocz (300+ alot of times) and the slower pc4000 that doesnt cost much but doesnt oc well. most guys get in the 280's to the low to mid 290's,(a gig) which in my opinion is a very good oc.. not the best. but very good.

Thanks for the reply flapper.
I would be very happy with a set that would do 285 1:1 3,4,4,8 . And I have reserved myself to be happy with a set that will do 275.

I think without spending the big $ for the el the hyperam is probably about the best bet to get there.

Back