• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC2700 to hit 200fsb, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterbs

Registered
I have 1.5gigs of generic PC2700 ram. I need to hit a 200fsb so my XP2500+ will become a XP3200+. I currently have it at XP2800+. Can this be done with this ram. I have a Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra board. Thanks for the help.

its hit or miss. I was able to do it with my kingston value ram. You'll have to put a lot of voltage into the ram. It's possible.

Yeah it is possible i had 2x512mb pc2700 running at 200fsb insync with my cpu

He's got a KT400 board though...which could definitely limit the overclocking. What video card do you have? ATi cards don't handle out of spec AGP buses as well as nVidia cards do.

Yeah, I run into that too. Had to read his first post a couple times before I caught the KT400.

enduro said:
True...... For some reason I'm beginning to think that every one on the forum has a NF7, which is the way it should be, but still.

Yeh they should make that part of the agreement when you sign up to the forums. "Note: when overclocking the Athlon XP users must have a standard issue Nforce2 chipset." :p

Back