• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck and waiting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spinout113

Registered
Hey everyone,
After working on my Swiftech kit for a while I realized my problems are a combo of both too much hot air in the case and rads running in series instead of parallel. I am idling at bout 50c in windows (abit ic7 max 3 p4 3.0c at 3.4 vcore 1.65v) and bout 62c load. Is this danergous for my cpu? Im hoping to rebuild a while but will this do. ANy other suggestions to get hot air out of my case (2 intakes, 1 blowhole exhaust, and one case exhaust) Thanks

Pics are helpful... you need 1.65V to get to 3.4? YOu should be able to do that at default. The IC7's read higher than other mobos because they read on die. Your CPU will shut down or throttle before it damages itself, but the voltage is as high as I would go.

Ya...those temps are really high. I have maxed out my chip and am not overclocking it anymore. Its very fast and stable at this setting. My rads are very warm so it might be I need more airflow to improve it?

attachment.php

the T line is part of the problem , to restrictive going from the block down to the pump

OK, this CPU is not a prescott right? NOw, what is the fan situation with the radiators? Are they blowing hot case air over the rads or are you drawing cool air in? If the first, I would flip the fans so they are blowing cool outside air over the rads.

did you say you have a blowhole exaust? if so, that would be blowing air out of the case thats not going through a rad.

i would think you would want as much air as ****ibly through your rad...

the setup i'm planning will have 4-5 7V 80mm and a 92 or 120 7V, all intake, then exausting through the rad.

is there enough air through your rad? i think your chip is awfully hot. do your cpu temps go down when you take the side panel off? if so, theres defiantely allot of hot air going into your rad, and using your rad as an intake may help your cpu (at the cost of adding lots and lots of hot air to the case, just like BTX will)

Should I reverse the blowhole and the fan in the rear to suck air from behind my desk? Isnt that where the PSU heat goes? I dont have any other place to put my rad other then where it is. It is a Northwood chip. Thanks

Spinout113 said:
Should I reverse the blowhole and the fan in the rear to suck air from behind my desk? Isnt that where the PSU heat goes? I dont have any other place to put my rad other then where it is. It is a Northwood chip. Thanks
The 2 things I would try, in this order are:
1. Have the fans blowing air from OUTSIDE the case through the rads, NOT having case air drawn over the rads. After you do that, report back with any temp changes.
2. Reaply thermal paste and reseat the water block, but not until we can see if step 1 had any affects.

If I change the rear fans to blow in, wouldn't that cause more hot air to go through? I already reseated the waterblock 3 times w/ no change :( . Would adding a fan shroud help?

Spinout113 said:
If I change the rear fans to blow in, wouldn't that cause more hot air to go through? I already reseated the waterblock 3 times w/ no change :( . Would adding a fan shroud help?
No it wont it will blow outside air over the rads... if you have hot air over the rads no shroud is going to help. Try turning the fans first.

maybe duct air from the blowhole to the rad, air coming in the blowhole then to the rad? or maybe a duct from the side door to it....or maybe your temp monitor is screwed? have any other way to muesuring it? could be your rad isnt big enough to handle the heat from high voltage

Spinout113 said:
Reversed the fans w/ no success.
OK, if the fans did nothing, I might have to agree with como, although those 2 rads should be OK, not great but OK. Do the rads get warm or hot to the touch?

ya, they get very warm to the touch. After letting the system cool down, why dont the temps go down because the water is cool?

possibly because at that voltage the amount of heat is so great the amount of cooling isnt sufficiant, and only at full load temp does it equalize to stop rising. (the higher the water temp the more heat a rad can dissipate)

i'd say try a lower voltage...or maybe more water flow? i dont know much about your system, but yourtemps are awfully high...and so is your vcore.

Even if I put the cpu vcore and clockspeed all the way down, it does not help temps at all

Now thats just odd. is the rad still getting hot with vcore and speed down so far? if not a fualty temp probe sounds likely. Other than that, perhaps your pump is putting unusual amounts of heat into the water? theres no excuse for your cpu to be hot with low voltage and speed.

Back