• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which abit mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billiam

I originally planned on getting the AI7 because it is a lot cheaper. I know thatthe ic7-max3 is the best one to get, but is it worth the extra 70 bucks? Im going to end up getting ocz el pc4000 with a 3.0c. Any suggestions on the motherboard and/or ram?

The Ai7 and 3.0C are a good match, see my siggy. The Max3 uses the i875 chipset which is a little better for the Precott if that ever might be in your future. That, plus the Max3 having 6 SATA channels vs. 2 in the AI7 is the main difference. Ok, the Max3 also has that fancy OTES cooling. But, that's not much of a selling point for me.

I completely agree with Batboy. The AI7 is also the best out of the box motherboard with no need to "mod" it anywhere.

You can pump 3.1v+ into your ram without any issues (MAX3 2.9v+ has major isssues) and is stable at the vcore also.

You can also keep PAT fully enabled with the AI7 with the right GAT settings and bios. You can search for that on your own though on how to do that. :p

Cid said:
I completely agree with Batboy. The AI7 is also the best out of the box motherboard with no need to "mod" it anywhere.

You can pump 3.1v+ into your ram without any issues (MAX3 2.9v+ has major isssues) and is stable at the vcore also.

You can also keep PAT fully enabled with the AI7 with the right GAT settings and bios. You can search for that on your own though on how to do that. :p

Thanks a lot. My computer budget already came to 1300-1400, and i wasnt sure if the extra 70 is worth my wild. Im going to have to research on PAT and GAT when the time comes.

P.S. Ive read a lot of your posts batboy, and i've learned a lot from your experiments. Thanks a lot to you all.

Back