• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice for external watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

My new project is to watercool my PC with an external setup. I think this could really help lower case temp and put a larger heatercore, so more cooling power :cool:

So here are my questions:

I was planning on replacing my hydor L30 with a more head powerfull pump, like the danner mag 3 or the mcp600 or danger den D4 12V (laing), because I think I will also watercool my x800 pro VIVO. So what is the best waterblock for the GPU that is 1/2" ID ?? And am I better putting a danner mag outside the PC, or a 12V pump inside? Room is not an issue. Also, a relay is not a problem, because the pump with always be on, because so my pc is. Finally, the heatercore I will be using is able of 2 120 mm fans in height. Will 2 120mm pulling would be enough or I'm better with 1 120mm pushing and one other 120mm pulling OR 2 120mm pushing and 2 120mm pulling (2fans or 4 fans?). Of course I would like performance cooling, but also less noise possible!

Wow that was a lot of questionning! Thanks in advance!

i built one external box for my dual setup it consisted of these parts

7 x 13 inch heater core
2 x 120 mm fans
Spiral Waterblock and Silverprop
Home made copper Y fittings to split flow to each waterblock seperate on entering and exiting
Dan Mag 3 350 gph , sealed the houseing permanent so it wouldnt leak
8 ft of line going to computer
all done in 1/2 inch tubeing

with this setup useing msi k7d master l i had tempuratures of lows 30s to low 40s under load useing two 1700+ processors at 2300mhz 1.82 volts

the only problem i had with this setup is the inconvience of moveing the computer around. if i had quick disconnects i may still have been useing it. it is currently sitting in the corner of the room

i am going to try another internal setup in the new mid tower case i just bought and hope i can still get good tempuratures with a chevette heater core and mcp600 pump along with two spiral waterblocks all in same case

Jen

Back