• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$300 Budget for 1024mb Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billiam

Im not sure which ram to get. I was thinking about getting Adata PC4200 or OCZ EL PC4000. I decided on the OCZ. Is this the best choice?

Im going to be purchasing an AI7 motherboard with 3.0c. This will be on a watercooling gig. Im not going to do a Vdimm, mainly because im not good at soldering. I heard that the AI7 can get 3.1v without modding. My budget is 300, but i can maybe put in the extra 50 if it is worth it. Any suggestions?

*Im planning to purchase all my stuff once my debit card comes in the mail, which will be tomorrow. I couldnt have done this without the forum, thanks a lot! I think that this is the last thing before i go about purchasing all my stuff!

my AI7 has adjustment to 3.2v but real voltage is about 3.1-3.15 just so you know ;)

adata makes pretty good high latency ram. i've had a stick up to 301mhz before with just 2.9v. i got it from komusa.com their hyperram pc4200.

i don't know anything about the ocz 4000. so i can't comment on it.

i read some reviews on it, and they got it to 275 stock. i dont that i will need to go above 270.

Back