• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stressing IS7 enough or too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strogg

Registered
I'm using the original IS7 with a prescott 2.8E at 3556MHz and "1.5375" volts. MBM reads voltages at around 1.49v idle and 1.43v average at full load. The pwm's are averaging 45C tops with active mosfet cooling. Now, can i stress it a bit more? or should I let it sit at where it is now? My goal is to make "long term" use of this CPU, meaning I would like to keep it for a prolonged period of time, but not long enough to have the socket 478 chips be a rarity. THat and i really don't care when it dies, since i never really liked the purchase of the prescott (I felt it was a waste of money) but at the same time, I'm most concerned about the motherboard blowing up due to the high voltages, since i'd rather lose the processor than the motherboard. Anyhow, thanks for the advice

btw, temps are 37C idle and 43C load if anyone's interested.

Back