• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Soltek EQ3801: Newbie to SFF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamtrout

Registered
Hey all,
I'm seriously looking around for way to cut my PC weight, and I've been looking at the Soltek 3801. Unfortunately, I've never worked with a SFF machine in my life and I have a few questions.

Possible System Setup:

Soltek EQ3801
Nvidia 6800GT
Enermax 270W PS
Athlon64 3000+
1GB (512x2) PC4000 Kingmax RAM
NEC ND-2500 DVD-Burner
LiteOn 48X CD-Burner
120GB WD Caviar (7200RPM)
80GB WD Caviar SE (7200RPM)
Swiftech MCW6002 Waterblock
Ehiem 1250 Pump
Undecided Radiator
Undecided GPU Waterblock
Undecided Reservoir

Hopefully I'm going to overclock as much as I can once Soltek releases their BIOS that supports 300FSB. Most of the watercooling is definitely going to have to be mounted externally. My problem is the power supply. Is 270W enough for all this stuff? I looked at the amperage for the +12V rail and it's 20A. People on Anandtech are saying that a system like this needs at least 24A on the +12V rail.

Input would be very appreciated :santa2:

you *can* fit all the stuff internal, but:

1. eheim 1250 proally won't fit

2. resevoir proally won't fit

3. use 3/8 or 1/4, not 1/2, as that won't fit (tight bends), so scratch the 6002 and use a 6000 instead

4. use a dd 6800 block for your gt as its barbs face the other way, will help you a LOT

and:

A. the psu is fine, 20A is more than enough

_

fafnir said:
you *can* fit all the stuff internal, but:

1. eheim 1250 proally won't fit

2. resevoir proally won't fit

3. use 3/8 or 1/4, not 1/2, as that won't fit (tight bends), so scratch the 6002 and use a 6000 instead

4. use a dd 6800 block for your gt as its barbs face the other way, will help you a LOT

and:

A. the psu is fine, 20A is more than enough

_

Well what is the height of the DD 6800 block?

Look at where the AGP slot is:

Link to SFFTech.com review

There is less than an inch between the agp slot and the side of the case. The stock 6800 cooling wouldnt fit...

a 6800 fits, as i've got a 6800GT in a watercooled shuttle XPC right now, and ITS A TIGHT FIT

but it fits (dunno about the dd block, though someone should go and check the 16mm part)

its exactly 16mm from the core to the case wall and the 6800 GT cooler is only 12mm high from the core to the plate (13mm if you count the protruding screw tips at the back)

_

I am setting up a SSF mini watercooled computer, but I still havent decided if Im going completely internal. I have a shuttle mn31n and an antec Aria case, the case rocks! really light and very tough, well built. Its a little larger than a normal ssf case to fit normal sized mAtx boards.

What I have is an 80mm rad, custom blocks, and a modded c-systems pump with a new cover and 3/8"OD pushfits on everything.(1/4" ID)

Its actually a really small setup, all I need now is an airtrap. I still have not figure out what I am using for it, maybe just a T line, and maybe a reservior.

Jon

fafnir said:
a 6800 fits, as i've got a 6800GT in a watercooled shuttle XPC right now, and ITS A TIGHT FIT

but it fits (dunno about the dd block, though someone should go and check the 16mm part)

its exactly 16mm from the core to the case wall and the 6800 GT cooler is only 12mm high from the core to the plate (13mm if you count the protruding screw tips at the back)

_

n6800_topinst_800w.jpg

Looks like more than 5/8" height to me. What WB are you using on your card??
I wanna see some pics! :D

Back