• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing a Sata HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

howlin..wolf

Registered
I've just got a new 160Gig SATA disk today and was wondering how to install it? I know how to plug it in, thats about all.

I got a P4P800 with a 20gig just now.

r u going to put new windows on it? or mount it as slave? if u mount it as slave, then no additional softwares needed... if u plan to install windows os in it, then u have to have the dos drivers then press F6 when setup ask if u want to install a third party driver during windows installation :)

Where can I find the driver? i've tried the asus site and there wasn't one there
It's going to be the master drive

ok do this, configure ur sata to run as ide as of the moment... install windows, update with windows update then run it as pure sata to get full speed :)

Another great feature with this mobo, just about every other mobo needs sata driver's.

In the bios under IDE Configuration set as shown in section 4.3.6 of the manual.
Then set as a boot device.

Hopefully I can do this tonight if I can find my XP Cd

Back