• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With Radiator Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

litening

Registered
I have two black ice micro (80mm) radiators that I plan to mount on the two exhaust fan holes on the back of my case. I have 4 fans that I can put on the radiators: two 85 cfm Vantec Tornados and two Thermaltake 28 cfm Blue-Eye Fans. I don't have room for fan shrouds, so I was going to put the tornado on the back, pulling air through, and the Blue-Eye on the front, pushing air though.
I was planning to wire a switch to turn the tornados on when I was doing hard core gaming, and to just have the Blue-Eyes for when I'm not doing anything processor intensive.

I have two questions. First, is it even worth it to put the two Blue-Eyes on, or will it aid the tornado and allow more air to go through. Secondly, if I should put both on, is the configuration I stated above good, or should I have the tornado push while the Blue-Eye pulls.

Will they have a negative effect? I want to turn off the tornados when I'm not using my computer hard, and I was thinking of leaving my blue-eyes on to help cool the radiator.

So what do you recomend, push or pull? I've read good/bad things about both... Pull in certan situations won't work as well due to the less turbulance thing.. that well and push supposedly has more dead spots... I was thinking have an open fan mounted 1 inch away pushing air to surround the radiator, then having another fan shrouded on the other side pulling through... The first fan just providing cool air for the second to pull through. not actually forcing it.

Back