• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

t-line filling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paki

Registered
hi.
i'm still pretty new to watercooling and i was wondering about a great way to fill a watercooling rig through a t-line. I was looking at scanido's setup:

side.jpg

and i was wondering how does the water fill from the t-line at that low point? BEcause the radiator and waterblock are higher so when filling wouldnt the water start coming out the top of the t-line also? Is the pump so strong that it sucks the water in without letting it go out the top of the t-line?

I tried searching forums but came out with many weird explanations.

Put the computer on its side when you fill it, then rotate the T-Line back when you put the computer back upright.

With a setup like scanido's you can just turn on the pump and pour water into the t-line (pump's intake pushes it through system). Of course, this creates a tremendous amount of bubbles. Always try to get all the bubbles you can out before turning the pump on.

And no, the water isn't pushed out of the t-line even with the pump off.

haha thats crazy but how does it not get pushed out?

bernule's principle. The same reason wings allow a plane to fly. Since the water is moving faster on the bottom, it creates low pressure, forcing the water down, not up.

bernule's principle. The same reason wings allow a plane to fly. Since the water is moving faster on the bottom, it creates low pressure, forcing the water down, not up.

You can see this in action if you watch your water level (in the t-line)when you turn the pump on.

mmm...I love that computer. His desk/chair setup rocks too!

Ok, nothing related to T-line filling, but I thought I would mention that. :D

paki said:
hi.
i'm still pretty new to watercooling and i was wondering about a great way to fill a watercooling rig through a t-line. I was looking at scanido's setup:

side.jpg

and i was wondering how does the water fill from the t-line at that low point? BEcause the radiator and waterblock are higher so when filling wouldnt the water start coming out the top of the t-line also? Is the pump so strong that it sucks the water in without letting it go out the top of the t-line?

I tried searching forums but came out with many weird explanations.

Thread necromancer time

I think you're thinking the pump is pusing the water the wrong way. The water sucks throught the front of the pump (the t line is in ainch or so before it) and goes out the top.

In the pictured setup above how much cooler would you say CPU temps would be if you replaced the rad with a standard dual 120 HC, say the 2-342?

Back