• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dangerden Maze4 GPU on 6800 Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid_Cooled

has anyone been able to mod a Dangerden Maze4 GPU block onto a 6800? if so, can you please tell me what you did, and also some pics would be useful.

i would get the new Dangerden 6800 block, but my only complaint would be the weight (its about 1 pound) and the orientation of the fittings (facing up is not an ideal location for my setup).

when i recieve the 6800 GT, i will begin modding the GPU block.

some guy already put a swiftech block onto the 6800, interesting....
the 6800 has 4 usuable mounting holes around the GPU. thats how the swiftech was mounted.

what im thinking is to drilled 4 holes thru the copper and aluminum parts of the Maze4 block. may have to shave off some of the sides on the maze4 to fit it into the 6800. im planning to use the stock memory heatsinks that came with the 6800

Attachments

• 11-GTWC2.JPG
    11-GTWC2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 244
not too bad, just look at the x800 from ati, same ram, same voltage, NO RAMSINKS

so warm is more reasonable

_

ok, you cant really mod the Maze4 GPU to fit the 6800's mountings holes. so im going to make a new aluminum top for it (reusing the copper plate and fittings).

once i get my 6800 GT in (thurs. maybe) i will start working on the new top. then ill post pictures.

Back