• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

with and without OTES on IC7-MAX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zebbo

Mushkin Tech Rep
Just started to wondering have anyone tried to remove the OTES from IC7-MAX3 and what kind of temps did you get after that (also what temps did you got with OTES on too)? I haven't tried this by myself, but I think there's nosense to keep OTES if it decreases only two or three degrees PWM temps. I'll go and try this tomorrow, but would be glad if someone else post results too.

Seems like a gimick to me. I get better temps on my IC7 with a quieter 80mm fan blowing on it. I've tried 2 max 3 boards and they were crap. I'd take a Original "pat" IS7 over one. Vdimm modded of course. Or a AI7. It runs way cooler than a IC7 max 3's OATES system.

Wierd I might say, PWM temp is only two degrees higher without OTES. Why it's not called O-TME ("Oh, Torture My Ears") ;) With Prescott OTES comes handy but with Northwood it's not needed at all. I'd recommend that if you have IC7-MAX3 and Northwood cpu, remove OTES. You really don't need that

why not add some small Heatsinks with the otes on? with out a fan blowing on mine with heatsinks i get around 80c under a load

Yes, they are without any thermal compound, but I tried to add some there and I didn't notice any good from it.

Back