• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alright, what have I missed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vonkaar

Hi all ^_^.

I've been away for the last several months. What's new in the WC world? I had to help my little brother buy a WC setup the other day and it rekindled my old passion. We went with the new Swiftech block, the new ultra-mini D-Tek pump and the standard core. I felt so... underpowered... but, I was pretty dang impressed with the 'new' technology.

What else is new?

I'm buying a GeForce 6800... probably on Friday... what waterblocks are available for this beast?

How is everyone liking the little D-Tek pump? I loved the modular approach... I can see some massive pressure applications with that thing.

Update for me... The Chrome Goat was put on hiatus while I dealt with my 'divorce'... I'll probably start working on it again in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise, I'm back in the WC world - need to see how things are going with everyone else. Niks? Jfettig? Cathar? UberBlue? Everyone still around?

Niks? Jfettig? Cathar? UberBlue? Everyone still around?

No, I ate all those guys in one serving the other night.

Not much is new that I have seen. I believe Swiftech has created a new water pump, MCP600 revision or something. Hydor has a new "revised" pump. But I am not sure if they had that two months ago.

Nothing innovative, thats for sure. D-tek's pump, thats another one as well.

Haha, vonkaar, nothing terribly new, Swiftech has a new pump called the MCP650, looks a lot like the Laing D4 :D Cathar is waiting on a final prototype, at least I think, Jfettig got his CNC running and is making me solid silver NB and 6800 blocks and he is making me a custom all silver single pass 17" x 5" x 1" rad, yes silver solder, fins, tanks etc. :D I havent seen much of uberblue lately, but I think I kinda miss him :cry: As for me, well I'm still around and about to complete 'The Beast II' which I will hopefull have up and running today.

Danger Den just came out with an interesting block for the 6800. Linkage. It's quite expensive though. That's the only 6800 specific block I know of. You can also fab up an adaptor plate to mount a Maze 4 GPU or swiftch MCW50. Thread about adapting current GPU blocks to the 6800.

fafnir said:
hey nikhsub1, is Jfettig really making blocks for people again?

and also, some pics of that all silver radiator will be interesting

_
fafnir, I was kidding.... ;)

hehe... 17x5... that's a couple pounds of silver. No problem =p.

Is he really cutting again? He owes me! I used to bug him weekly about custom blocks.

Thanks for the link, ZachM. Although... I typically don't put anything Danger-Den in my system, I don't think I have time for any customization... so... I might end up with that thing 8(.

Aaand...no... Niks, Uberblue, Cathar... a few others and I would probably feel pretty girly if we used a pump that couldn't potentially drill through concrete. The D-Tek pump is pretty cool... if someone linked 3 or more of them, even cooler. I'll stick with 2k GPM and continue over-compensating for... I mean, I'll keep with my 'overkill' reputation thank you!

The wind resistance makes up about 90% of the noise. If you run it at 24v, you hardly hear a thing. This shows that the motor and mounting system are superb =p. I don't mind the rush of air... it's the loud whir, hiss and buzzing that kills me.

I built a nice Mosfet + Southbridge block (fogot to post them on OCF tho so here they are)

Nothing good ever happens here anymore! Come on guys pickup the pace! :burn:

slater..

Attachments

• MosfetFin1.jpg
    MosfetFin1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 53
  • MosfetFin2.jpg
    MosfetFin2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 58
  • sbblock1.jpg
    sbblock1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 53
  • sbblock2.jpg
    sbblock2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 46
Final G4 prototype has arrived - performance of it is not as good as the last prototype - pretty much made my mind up now as to what I'll be doing with the Storm. Drawing up the final block plans now...

Might be that I should ask via email... but... is it too early to accept early deposits on the new block? I'm thinking of selling my Cascade-SS in preperation for the new block and my switch to the 64-bit world.

vonkaar said:
Might be that I should ask via email... but... is it too early to accept early deposits on the new block? I'm thinking of selling my Cascade-SS in preperation for the new block and my switch to the 64-bit world.

I would hold onto your SS for a while longer. ;)

Back