• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing To 15 Bios? - How To

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PHILIP1193

How do i flash my 14 bios to 15 i ahve looking in the abit ic7 max 3 bios manual and dont undertsand it i have made a bootable floppy with the flashing utility on but dont have the bios file or know how to get it, i went to the abit web site but dotn understand on the correct mobo which bios to use or how to flash it

any help?? 15 bios is the best isn't it or is 16 the best?

is it ok to use the abit flash menu to flash the bios through windows? as that makes it easier what you think?

Phil

Last edited:
PHILIP1193 said:
How do i flash my 14 bios to 15 i ahve looking in the abit ic7 max 3 bios manual and dont undertsand it i have made a bootable floppy with the flashing utility on but dont have the bios file or know how to get it, i went to the abit web site but dotn understand on the correct mobo which bios to use or how to flash it

any help?? 15 bios is the best isn't it or is 16 the best?

Phil

I switched down to 15 after hearing the hype but i didn't notice a difference. you can find the bios file here: ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/ic7-max3/ic7p15.exe

you can use the flash utility, or use winzip or winrar to extract that executable to a bootable ms-dos disk, and then boot from it at startup. after it boots from the disk you just need to type "runme" and sit back.

thank you!!!!!!!! so you think the 1.5 bios is all hype
I switched down to 15 after hearing the hype
so you were using the 16 bios which abit says it calibrated cpu temps did u notice a diff with them? is the 15 any more stable compared to 14 bios

Phil

i used the abit flash menu and it works a treat although i had to repair windows before it would boot into it, i think due to bios changing.

thanks for help
Phil

i didn't notice it help my OC and it didn't affect my temps. The new code for the cpu temp diode is just for the prescotts, so anyone with a northwood shouldn't see difference in temperatures. glad the procedure went reasonably well ;)

yea it went well, i ahven't noticed nay more changes with temp or my o/c stability but atleast im up to date lol.

Phil

Back