• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ai7 installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azianese

Just ordered a full blown new pc
installed all the components step by step using the manuals
and I have built a few pc's before this one

when trying to install the xp pro into the hd using the new system i randomly have a blue screen error pop up saying stuff about the hard drive controlers or anti virus software

"
Technical information:
** STOP :0x0000007B (0xf7c4e640 0xc0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

"

i've tried simple things like checking all jumpers trying spare IDE cables and resetting fail safe in bios/cmos.

I've also tried to test the videocard, ide's, floopy, and hd in other systems and they seem to not be corrupted because they worked fine. on the digital display i get a "2.0." which doesn't appear in the manual.

System specs
intel p4 2.4c ghz
Abit ai7
radeon 9800 pro
Dvd lite-on 16x
sony floopy
Kingston pc3200 hyperx ram
any assistance would be appreciated

azianese said:
Just ordered a full blown new pc
installed all the components step by step using the manuals
and I have built a few pc's before this one

when trying to install the xp pro into the hd using the new system i randomly have a blue screen error pop up saying stuff about the hard drive controlers or anti virus software

"
Technical information:
** STOP :0x0000007B (0xf7c4e640 0xc0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

"

i've tried simple things like checking all jumpers trying spare IDE cables and resetting fail safe in bios/cmos.

I've also tried to test the videocard, ide's, floopy, and hd in other systems and they seem to not be corrupted because they worked fine. on the digital display i get a "2.0." which doesn't appear in the manual.

System specs
intel p4 2.4c ghz
Abit ai7
radeon 9800 pro
Dvd lite-on 16x
sony floopy
Kingston pc3200 hyperx ram
any assistance would be appreciated

So everything is new except the hard drive is that correct?

I would suggest deleting the current partition during windos installation if you haven't already done so.

the hard drive is new and I have deleted and remade the partition several times and have reformatted several times.

Also, the error message doesn't seem to be standard windows format.

Last edited:
would it be enabled by default? I just updated the bios because I was advised to do so and that didn't do much either.... This EXACTLY what the error says...

"
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive
to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then
restart your computer

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7C4E640, 0cC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
"

Try cleaning the xp disk. I have had problems like that before and there were smudges on my disk. Cleaned them off and it worked fine.

turn off the virus scan on the boot sector in the bios - i think the AI7 has this - wht iot does not allow is the boot sector to be modified.

i would check my AI7 but going out right now.

Do you overclock? If so you have to disable the last two gat settings.
I had exactly the same problem with my 2.4/AI7 overclocking, especially using 5:4 ratio.

Hay azianese!

Of what type is your new hard disk? SATA perhaps?

On what controller did you connect the hard disk? Onboard ICH or is there an additional controller on that board?

Did you do a fresh Win XP installation with F6 key to install controller driver during Win XP installation?

Give me some answers and I will try to help.

Edgar

Back